The fat-headed pizza is covered with melted cheese and delicious pepperoni. You can add any ingredients you like to this low-carb pizza for a pizza recipe for the whole family!
I will not lie. Many times, I order my family pizza from a local pizzeria, then I remove all the fillings from the top and eat it with a fork.
My staff looks a little weird, but in most cases I am used to making crustless pizza.
However, at night when I am not too lazy in the kitchen, this is the recipe for keto pizza.
More favorite recipes:
Have you tried fat head pizza before? Not long ago, I shared a BLT pizza using this fat head dough, which was a great success. I think you will all like traditional pizza too!
How to make fat head pizza crust:
This fat head pizza recipe starts with some shredded mozzarella cheese and a bit of cream cheese. You microwave them together until they melt
Stir in the eggs and some almond flour. I also like to add a little Italian seasoning to the skin, but this is completely optional. If you like this thing, give it a little flavor.
Stir the mixture together. It will become very sticky.
Place the "dough" on a large sheet of parchment paper and place another sheet of parchment paper on top. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 12-inch circle.
Parchment paper is the key to the success of this recipe. Without parchment paper, the dough is too sticky to work.
Remove the top parchment paper and trim the bottom piece to fit your pizza pan.
Do not bake it directly on the pizza pan, otherwise it will stick. Bake the dumb pizza crust on a pan lined with parchment paper for best results.
You need to bake the shell in a hot oven for about 10 minutes to make it hard and start to turn golden.
If you really want a strong shell, turn the shell over and bake for a few minutes. This can support it well.
After baking the skin into thin slices, sprinkle a little pizza sauce. I use Rao's marinade because I always hold it in my hand, it has very low carbohydrate content and it tastes great.
Add extra cheese and your favorite toppings. Pepperoni is always my first choice.
Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
Cut it into 6 slices and eat!
How to taste this low-carb pizza crust?
The crust of the pizza sounds strange, but the cheese hardens well in the oven and has the texture of a traditional dough.
It's a bit chewy and very flexible. If you bake it with a crusty crust, you may encounter problems, otherwise it won't be well supported and you can eat it like traditional pizza.
The taste of the crust is very similar to traditional pizza dough.
The true test of any recipe: Will my carbohydrate-loving kid eat it? Oh yes! They actually prefer my keto pizza to the standard flour crust.
I doubled this recipe to serve the entire family because I have a teenage boy who can really put down pizza. In other words, since the outer shell is made of cheese, it is very filling. Personally, I usually eat no more than 2 pieces.
You can also try this fat pizza crust on my BLT pizza!
More low-carb recipes to try:
Steak bites: My steak marinade is full of flavor!
Low-carb biscuits: I use the same dough to make biscuits and use ranch seasoning.
Low-carb lasagna: You will never guess that I use spaghetti.
Philadelphia Cheese Steak Casserole: My family takes a breath!
- 3 1/2 cups chopped cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup of Rao’s Marinara
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
Instructions for use
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine and return to the microwave until the cheese is melted, another 30 seconds.
- Add almond flour, eggs and Italian seasoning and stir well.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Put a second piece of parchment on top.
- Roll the dough into a circle with a diameter of 12 inches.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper, then transfer the next piece with dough on top to the pizza pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the crust turns light golden.
- For strong crusts, carefully turn the crust over and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the outer shell from the oven. Spread the hot sauce on the pizza crust and sprinkle with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Place the pepperoni evenly on top.
- Bake the pizza for another 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.